If a phone number that is rented is not listed, then there is a running campaign using that number. To re-use the number, stop the campaign using it. There can be only one running campaign using a rented phone number because the software uses it to assign incoming SMS messages to the right campaign.
Within US and Canada, you cannot use your phone number as Caller ID for text messages. You'll have to rent a number from us.
Outside US and Canada, you can use any validated phone number as the caller ID. When you use a validated number as a caller ID, all replies will come back to that number.
You will need to rent a number only when want replies to come back into your account. When replies come back into your account, the software can do additional things like,
- Measure campaign effectiveness by automatic classification of messages
- Send automatic responses based on keywords in the replies
- Handle opt out responses by removing the contact from future SMS campaigns
Following should be checked when a sms campaign is not working:
- Check if the campaign is in ‘Start’ state.
- Check if the contacts of the phonebook added to the campaign have ‘mobile numbers’. Sms campaign use Mobile_number field of contacts to send sms.
- Check that the Start date and End date of the campaign are valid. I.e. they are not in past or future.
- Check that the ‘Weekdays’ selected for campaign are valid.
A NationBuilder survey must be attached to a NationBuilder page to be imported. The page can be unlisted. This is a little quirk of the NationBuilder API. Here is how to import your newly created survey:
- Login to NationBuilder admin console
- Go to Website and create a new page
- Assign the survey to that page
- Go back to the NationBuilder import in CallHub
- Click on "Refresh Now" button
Yes. When an agent connects with their NationBuilder account, all calls from that agent will be stored as being contacted from that NationBuilder user, instead of the NationBuilder Admin.
The agent can connect to their NationBuilder accounts by following these steps.
- Login to CallHub Agent console
- Click on "Apps"
- Connect with the NationBuilder credentials
If you're not able to get your browser calls up and running, please follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Run CallHub Browser Check on your Chrome Browser from here: https://app.callhub.io/browser-check/
- Step 2: If you have a firewall setup to filter traffic, then we recommend you to whitelist the following IPs in order to avoid any traffic blocking
- Step3: Configure your firewall to accept those IP ranges for the following Transports/Protocols:
- HTTP/HTTPS transports: allow traffic from these source IP ranges to access your HTTP (TCP port 80) and/or HTTPS (TCP port 443) web applications
- SIP transport: allow traffic from these source IP ranges and source ports UDP 5060, TCP 5060, UDP 5080, TCP 5080, UDP 5061, TCP 5061, UDP 5063, TCP 5063
- RTP transport: allow traffic from these source IP ranges to UDP port range 16384 to 32768
After a call is answered, CallHub listens for 5 seconds to determine if a human or a machine picked up. If a machine is detected, then it waits for 2 seconds of silence. 2 seconds is silence indicates that the initial greeting in the answering machine is complete and the machine is waiting for the messages. CallHub will then play the audio file into the answering machine.
Answering machine detection is not accurate 100% of the time. It is accurate at about 60-70%. The failure rates are higher on answering machines with a initial greeting message less than 5 seconds long. The failure rates are also higher for cell phones because the voicemail on a cell phone is handled by the telecom carrier.
Voice broadcasting is better suited for calls that are optimized for a person answering the phone.
This section describes all the Call Dispositions in CallHub.
User answered the call.
It is invalid number. This number is added to CallHub’s Do not call list.
Do not call number.This number is added to CallHub’s Do not call list.
Call was answered by answering machine.
Call went through, but nobody answered the call.
Agent cancelled the call.
Contact number was busy.
Call Failed because the network was congested/too full.
Call failed, maybe because of incorrect number.
Call Failed because of network problem
Call went through but was not received
Machine picked up the call and a message was left.
For Voice campaign:
- The details of all the ‘Transfered calls’ can be found in the ‘Overview’ tab of the campaign.
- Complete details of all the calls can be found at https://app.callhub.io/voipcall_report/
For Call Center campaign:
- The details of all the calls and ‘Notes’ taken during campaign can be found ‘Result’ Tab of the campaign.
- Complete details of all the calls can also be found at https://app.callhub.io/voipcall_report/
For SMS campaign:
- Complete details of all the sms sent can be found at https://app.callhub.io/sms_report/
In scheduling the campaign the timezone considered for the ‘Daily Start Time’ and ‘Daily Stop Time’ depends on the timezone of the account. By default your timezone is set to the timezone of your location. You can checkout your account timezone here
Celebrity recordings are used when you need to ask someone to record a voice message for you. This is how it works:
- You generate a PIN in CallHub and provide the phone number and PIN to the person who will record message for you.
- Person dials into this phone number, provides the PIN and records the message.
- Once the message is recorded, on Celebrity recordings page you get a chance to Approve/Reject the recorded message
- If approved you'd see it in Audio Files and you could use the Audio File in VB or CallCenter campaigns